Wednesday, March 23, 2011

London: The Big Difference

Let me just tell you a couple things about my first experiences here in the "Big Apple", London, of course.

Every man seems to be a gentleman. That is a blanket statement I can warm myself with, even if it is poorly researched and completely false. I met like 4 really nice blokes and their politeness seemed to be integrated, rather than opportunistic (SWEET PUSSY OVER HERE!).

The other thing, is even the homeless have British accents- so crazy is straight charming. I walked by a homeless fellow yelling obscenities at his dog and I thought "oh that dog must be from Bangladesh."

I took this picture on the Tube, Norhtern Line heading Northbound from Oval station (in case you want to do your own research):
This is the kind of coverage we are sheltered from in America and now my eyes are opened to American ways. I will affirm my patriotism by shooting helpers as soon as I get a gun.



I am in Notting Hill at a coffee shop on Portobello Road... this is the heart of Notting Hill, and subsequently, where the American movie Notting Hill was based. The movie starred Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts or, as they are called here: Pay Dirt and Cheeky Bum. Some of that was falsafied, but I am not a historian... if I were I would know a lot more about London.

I had another idea to write about something, but my mind went blank after uploading that Notting Hill photo. I hope it was worth it... more to come, so stop on by!

No comments:

Post a Comment