Friday, March 25, 2011

Hostels: Palaces to Refugees

London Bridges might be falling down, but I still haven't made time to see it...

I have been in the UK for four glorious days now and initially, I was renting a room out of someone's house on a website I found (from a friend) called airbnb. It's cheaper than a hotel, but more than a hostel. I didn't want to stay in a hostel because I own nice boots and a Macbook, but hey- that doesn't make me Kate Middleton, so I am now in a hostel with two other women... PILLOW FIGHT!

Barcelona: what is wrong with pillow?

Paris: shhhh.

I came to stay in a hostel after a video chat with my dear friend, Vince. He is getting married this Summer and they are looking into honeymooning in Paris. I suggested the airbnb site and he was intrigued. After we mutually drained the battery on my Macbook exploring our individual options, he informed me that it was cool, but hostels are half the price. He's thinking they will honeymoon in a hostel.

If I have to honeymoon in a hostel, I did something terribly wrong- not that they did- they are social workers with student loans to pay off. A little slice of that 7 billion dollar buy out could have cemented their love. However, now they will stay together because divorce is too expensive... or love. Either way, the church wins!!

I just lost two friends (I'll get you for this, religion!) who needs stinking Americans when I have decided to be European- just like Madonna! No one needs the US- except the Mexicans... but not for long... GO BRAZIL!


I don't know geometry!!!

1 comment: